Course Wizard Tutorial: 
Using the General Education Wizard

Scenario: Everyone has to take some General Education (Gen Ed) courses in order to graduate but the Gen Ed requirements differ at the various UW campuses. Suppose you're attending Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College but plan to transfer to UW-River Falls and earn a degree there. You can use the General Education Wizard to find out what courses you can take at Indianhead that will count toward the Gen Ed requirements (such as social science) at UW-River Falls.

If you would like to skip to a specific section of this tutorial, please use the links below:

Step 1: Pick Your UW / WTCS Campus
Step 2: Pick Your Gen Ed Category
Step 3: Interpreting Your Transfer Report

Starting Point

Start in the Credit Transfer Wizard section of TIS. Select the General Education Wizard option from the graphic in the middle of the page.

Step 1: Pick your UW / WTCS Campuses

As shown in the graphic below:

(A) Select Wis Indianhead Tech from the "Transfer From" pulldown menu

(B) Select UW-River Falls from the "Transfer To" pulldown menu

(C) Click on the "Next Step" button

Step 1: Screen Capture

Step 2: Pick a General Education (Gen Ed) Category

(A) The "Gen Ed" Pulldown shows a list of General Education areas at UW-River Falls. Pick "SS - Social/Behavioral Science".

(B) Click on the "Get Transfer Report" button.

Step 2: Screen Capture

Step 3: Interpreting Your Transfer Report

Follow the link above to a sample Transfer Report with explanations of the different areas. Your General Education Wizard Report will have different information. In particular, it will only list courses that will transfer and count toward requirements in the specified Gen Ed category.