TIS FAQ's fall into four main categories:
- Using the TIS Credit Transfer Wizards
- Understanding the Transfer Wizard Results
- Understanding the Transfer Process
- Understanding Transfer Plans
1. Do the TIS Credit Transfer Wizards only work for schools in Wisconsin? How do I find out how my courses will transfer from a school outside of Wisconsin or from Wisconsin schools not listed in TIS?
2. What transfer course information is included in the Credit Transfer Wizards?
3. Why can't I find information about all courses on TIS? How can I find transfer information about a course not listed on TIS?
What campuses are included in the University of Wisconsin System?
What campuses are included in the Wisconsin Technical College
5. What is General Education? Why is General Education important in transfer planning? Why should I use the TIS General Education Wizard?
6. Where can I find information about how UW Independent Learning courses will transfer to a UW campus?
7. Why does the department list for some campuses show department numbers (e.g. 804 – Mathematics) while the list for other campuses shows department abbreviations (e.g. MAT – Mathematics)?
8. Why don’t the buttons and drop-down menus work in the Wizard Tutorial section?
9. What is the basis for the transfer course information in TIS? Who decides how courses will transfer?
10. Why do some courses not transfer or transfer as “no degree credit”?
11. Where can I find descriptions for courses offered at UW campuses?
12. What does it mean when the Transfer Report shows that a course transfers for elective credit, such as Math elective or General elective?
13. What should I do if my credits don’t transfer to a UW campus as I expected?
14. If Course A transfers to UW-X as Course B and Course B transfers to UW-Y as Course C, will Course A always transfer to UW-Y as Course C?
15. If Course A transfers from UW-X to UW-Y as Course B, will Course B always transfer to UW-X as Course A?
16. Is the information in TIS official?
17. If I use TIS to see how a course transfers today, for how long can I "count on" the course transferring as shown on the TIS report?
18. How do I transfer to a UW campus?
19. Where can I find more information about the campus and the programs it offers?
20. How do I get an official credit evaluation of my transfer courses? When can I expect to receive this evaluation?
21. Do just credits transfer or do grades transfer too?
22. Will my credits from a technical or community college transfer to a UW campus?
23. I want to take a summer (or winter) session class at a UW campus and transfer it back to my home campus. Do I need to apply to the other campus? How do I find out what courses are offered and when?
24. How can I get a transcript from one of the UW campuses?
25. As a transfer student, do I need to pay the UW application fee?
26. How many credits must I earn before I can transfer to one of the UW campuses?
27. How do I apply to a school or college at a UW campus, such as the College of Education, School of Business or School of Nursing?
28. Why should I set up an account?
29. How do I set up an account?
30. How do I add my courses?
31. How do I create a transfer plan?
32. What if I have a question about how my courses transfer after I look at my Transfer Plan?
If you did not find the answer to your question, check the Contact & Support section for information about contacting a particular UW campus, an advisor at UW Help or the TIS staff.